Green Capsicum Stir Fry
Green Capsicum Stir Fry with Smoked Tofu (2 -3 servings)
Thinly Sliced Pork Belly 100g (If you are vegetarian, substitute this to a pack of Deep Fried Tofu from Healthy Pulse)
［Seasoning for Marinating Pork or Fried Tofu］
Salty Koji 2/1TSP
Tamari Koji 1TSP
Asian Stir-Fry Mix 1TSP
Toasted Sesame Oil 1TSP
Potato Starch 1TBS (15 ml) *If you are using Tofu instead of Pork, omit this.
［Seasoning for Cooking Pork］
Sesame Oil 1TBS
Ginger 1TSP (Minced)
Green Shallot 50g (Thinly Sliced)
Shallot (green part) 1 stalk
Asian Mushroom (Shiitake/Oyster/King etc.) 100g
Green Capsicum 2 Medium Size (about 200g)
→Thick Slice (7mm)
Green Cabbage 4 large leaf (about 300g)
→Cut in 3cm square
［Seasoning for Cooking Veges］
Cooking Sake 3TBS
Salty Koji 1/2 TSP
Asian Stir-Fry Mix 2TSP
Smoked Tofu 1 Piece (from Healthy Pulse)
→Cut in small cubes (you can freeze the rest of the Tofu for later use)
Toasted Sesame Seeds
1. Cut pork in a bite size, and marinade it in ［ Seasoning for Marinating Pork ］.
2. In the meantime, cut vegetables and Smoked Tofu as instructed.
3. Add Ginger, Shallot, Mushroom, with 1 TBS of cooking oil (recommend sesame oil) in a large frying pan, and slowly heat up until they start sizzling and release some fragrance.
4. Add marinated meat in the frying pan. Make sure to add meat one by one so that they don't stick together.
5. Once the meat is cooked, stop heating and remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
6. After turning off the heat, add Sake in the pan and leave it for a minute then scrape off what is left in the pan. (NOTE: Using a silicon spatula makes this step easy.)
7. Transfer the scraped juice over the meat set aside.
8. Put the frying pan back on heat with another table spoon of oil and shallot. Add capsicum and cabbage, and cook until the colour of vegetable changes brighter.
(NOTE: Do not wait until the vegetables become soft.)
9. Add Salty Koji and mix through the vegetables, then add the meat back on the vegetables and mix all together.
10. Cook it until the vegetables are almost done (but don't make it soft). Stop the heat and mix through the cubed Smoked Tofu and Asian Stir-Fry Mix.
11. Immediately serve onto the plates, and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds.