Simple Ama-zake & Coconut pancake (Gluten free)
[Wet ingredients] - Measure out all in one bowl
Coconut cream (butter or any other oil is OK, too) 1 table spoon
Honey 1/2 table spoon
Soymilk (normal milk is OK, too) 50g
[Dry ingredients] Measure and shift together.
Brown rice flour (white is OK, too) 100g
Baking powder 5g
1. Combine all the [wet ingredients] in a bowl by warming in a larger bowl with hot water to melt the ingredients, and whisk them to combine.
2. Add the shifted [Dry ingredients] into the bowl, and mix them well with using the whisk.
3. Heat a heavy pan, and oil it (I use macadamia oil) with an oil brush, then scoop one ladle full of batter into the pan. (one batch makes about 10 pancakes.)
4. Cook with medium heat with the lid on for about 3 minutes until it become nice caramelised dark brown colour, then flip it over. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
* I like eating it just as is, but also should be good with some jam or cream. :-)